This post is all about how to make your own Vegan Hot Cocoa using Coconut Milk.
Published September 29, 2023
This page might contain affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost for you).
On a chilly and overcast day, Hot Cocoa is the perfect drink to make. In under ten minutes you can then have a delicious and creamy beverage to warm you on the chilliest of days.
With simple ingredients that are free of dairy and gluten, you can make a Vegan Hot Cocoa.
- Brown Sugar provides a sweet flavor to the Cocoa without being overly sweet. If you do not have brown sugar, it is easy to make with the recipe by clicking HERE.
- Coconut Milk is dairy free, gluten free, creamy and delicious while providing a too-strong aroma that could overpower the cocoa. You can also substitute the Coconut Milk for Almond Milk, Oat Milk or Cashew Milk.
- Chili Powder is an optional addition to this Vegan Cocoa recipe. It helps to bring out the bold flavor of the cocoa without being too spicy. Chili Powder added to cocoa is delicious in many forms.
Vegan Hot Cocoa Recipe
Vegan Hot Cocoa Ingredients
2 cups Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
Dash Chili Powder, optional
2-3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
Directions for Vegan Hot Cocoa
1. Place a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. To the saucepan, add 2 cups Coconut Milk.
Instead of Coconut Milk, you can substitute it with any dairy free milk you desire. For example, you can use Almond Milk, Oat Milk, or Cashew Milk.
3. Measure and then add 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar, whisk well to combine.
5. Add a dash of Chili Powder, if desired, to the mixture.
Chili Powder adds a depth of flavor to the Vegan Hot Cocoa and helps to bring out the cocoa flavor.
6. Add a dash of Salt to the mixture and then whisk well to combine.
7. Bring the mixture up to a simmer on medium heat, then add 2-3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder and whisk well to combine.
Follow me on Pinterest
8. Turn the heat down to Low and then simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
9. Transfer the Vegan Hot Cocoa to a mug, add mini marshmallows and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon if desired, and enjoy.
You may also like…
In addition to Vegan Hot Cocoa, you can also use traditional cow’s milk to make Hot Cocoa. Check out the recipe below for my recipe for the BEST Hot Cocoa recipe. Click HERE for the recipe or below to see the blog.
If you are having a fun family movie night and introducing your littles to Harry Potter, what better way to bring the movie to life than to make a Butterbeer Latte. This recipe for a Harry Potter Inspired Butterbeer Latte is creamy and delicious and OH-SO amazing to drink. Click HERE for the recipe or below for the link to my blog.
This post was all about DIY Vegan Hot Cocoa using only 6 ingredients. Add mini marshmallows on the top and a dash of cinnamon for a sweet finish.
Vegan Hot Cocoa
- Medium Saucepan
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Dash Chili Powder
- Dash Salt
- 2-3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Mini Marshmallows optional
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- To the saucepan, add 2 cups Coconut Milk.
- Measure and then add 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar, whisk well to combine.
- Measure and add 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, then whisk well to combine.
- Add a dash of Chili Powder, if desired, to the mixture.
- Add a dash of Salt to the mixture.
- Bring the mixture up to a simmer, then add 2-3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder and whisk well to combine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the Vegan Hot Cocoa to a mug, add mini marshmallows and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon if desired, and enjoy.
One response to “How to make 6 Ingredient Vegan Hot Cocoa, perfect on a chilly morning”
[…] the full recipe for a Vegan Hot Cocoa, click HERE or the link […]Loading…
Copyright: All content and photos on Monica's Scratch Kitchen are copyright protected. Please do not use them without written permission. Thank you.