Did you know you can make your own Brown Sugar? It is easy to make and so amazingly delicious. Keep reading to find out how to make it yourself, as it is actually only two ingredients!
Published July 7, 2023
This page might contain affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost for you).
Cost breakdown for this recipe
2 cups Granulated Sugar $0.58
2-4 Tablespoons Molasses $0.30
The total cost to make 2 cups homemade from scratch Brown Sugar is $0.88.
That makes each cup of Brown Sugar cost $0.44.
Brown Sugar at ALDI cost $2.05 for 32-oz, which contains 4 cups.
Each cup costs $0.51.
Making your own Brown Sugar may not save you a lot of money, but it will save up to $0.07 a cup.
What is Molasses?
Molasses is a product that has been used
Ingredients for Brown Sugar
2 cups Granulated Sugar
2-4 Tablespoons Molasses
Directions for Brown Sugar
1. Insert the chopping blade into the Cuisinart Food Processor or the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer.
A Cuisinart Food Processor, with the chopping blade, is the easiest and most consistent way to get an even Brown Sugar.
However, a KitchenAid Mixer with the whisk attachment can also work, but found to make more of a fluffy result than desired.
2. To the bowl, measure and then add 2 cups Sugar.
3. Pour 2-4 Tablespoons Molasses on top of the Sugar.
4. Place the lid on the processor and then turn the processor on until the Molasses has fully combined with the Sugar.
That’s it! With a few simple steps and only two ingredients, you too can make Brown Sugar from scratch.
Use a measuring cup to scoop the DIY Brown Sugar into the airtight container.
Store the homemade Brown Sugar in an airtight container for up to two years, as long as it can be kept safe from moisture, bugs and air.
- Cuisinart Food Processor chopping blade
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp Molasses
- 1. Insert the chopping blade into the Cuisinart Food Processor or the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer.
- 2. To the bowl, add 2 cups Granulated Sugar.
- 3. Pour 2-4 Tablespoons Molasses on top of the Granulated Sugar.
- 4. Place the lid on the processor and then turn the processor on until the Molasses has fully combined with the Sugar.
Copyright: All content and photos on Monica's Scratch Kitchen are copyright protected. Please do not use them without written permission. Thank you.