When blended long enough, this creamy Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce is rich in flavor. Between the softness of the soaked cashews with the fresh rosemary, and the minced garlic, these fresh flavors come together to form a bold and healthy sauce.
Published August 14, 2023
This page might contain affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost for you).
This post is all about how to make Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce that is also Gluten Free. By using raw cashews as a base, you give this sauce a bold and creamy texture while also allowing for the subtle flavors to come forward. Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce will be a win with picky eaters and kids alike.
Ways to use this sauce
Alfredo sauce is one sauce that is versatile and equally delicious. You can use it with Alfredo Pizza, Alfredo Casserole, Alfredo Pasta and many other alternative recipes.
Now that my new diet needs to be Diary Free, there will be many a recipe that is altered with this Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce.
Creamy Mushroom Alfredo
One recipe is a Creamy Mushroom Alfredo Recipe with fresh mushrooms.
To make this certain recipe Gluten Free as well, alter the pasta to a needed variety or use zucchini noodles.
An additional alternative for this Mushroom Alfredo recipe, is to use it to top on mashed potatoes or to top it on steamed vegetables instead of a pasta alternative.
Mac and Cheese Casserole
A second recipe to use this Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce is with a Mac and Cheese Casserole recipe. This is a go-to recipe for our family, made quite often! It would be quite easy to make this specific recipe Dairy Free and Gluten Free.
To make a Gluten Free version, replace the traditional elbow macaroni with a Gluten Free version.
To make a Dairy Free version, use this Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce as a replacement for the traditional alfredo.
Ingredients for Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
1 cup Cashews raw
1 cup Water HOT
1/2 Onion diced
2 Tbsp Garlic minced
1/4 tsp Rosemary
1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
Directions for Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
1. In a microwave safe measuring cup, measure 1 cup water and then warm it to hot, around 2 minutes.
Alternatively, you can also soak the 1 cup raw cashews in 1 cup room temperature water in a bowl overnight for a similar effect. If you choose to soak them overnight, make sure to cover the bowl with platic wrap or a lid.
Measure the 1 cup raw cashews and transfer into a heat safe bowl. Glass is preferred over metal as a metal bowl will get very hot with the water.
2. Pour the water into the bowl and then soak the raw cashews for 1 hour in the HOT water.
3. Add the 1 cup-soaked cashews and 1 cup water to a blender.
The onion does not need to be perfectly minced as it will be blended well into the sauce.
Same for the garlic, it just needs a rough chopping as the blender will pure it smooth.
6. Measure and then add 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice to the blender.
7. Add 1 tsp Salt to the blender.
8. Measure and then add 1/2 tsp Pepper to the blender.
9. Remove the Rosemary from the stems and add them to the blender.
Feel free to roughly chop the Rosemary before adding them to the blender. 1/4 tsp worth is roughly one stalk or stem of Rosemary.
10. Cover the blender and then process the ingredients until completely smooth, around 2-3 minutes.
Store the Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
This Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce is SO delicious and packed with fresh flavors. Tonight, it will be used with a Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo Casserole. Stay tuned for that recipe!
You may also like…
Gluten Free and Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
- Microwave Safe Measuring Cup
- Medium Saucepan
- 1 cup Cashews raw
- 1 cup Water HOT
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 2 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, measure 1 cup Water and then warm it to hot, around 1 1/2 minutes.
- Measure the 1 cup raw cashews and place in a heat safe bowl.
- Pour the hot water onto the cashews and then soak the 1 cup raw Cashew for 1 hour.
- Add the 1 cup-soaked Cashews and 1 cup Water to a blender.
- On a cutting board, roughly mince the 1/2 Onion and then add it to the blender.
- On the cutting board, roughly mince the garlic and add it to the blender.
- Measure and then add 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice to the blender.
- Add 1 tsp Salt to the blender.
- Measure and then add 1/2 tsp Pepper to the blender.
- Remove the Rosemary from the stems and add them to the blender, roughly chopping them if desired.
- Cover the blender and then process the ingredients until completely smooth.
- When smooth, store the Dairy Free Alfredo in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.
Copyright: All content and photos on Monica's Scratch Kitchen are copyright protected. Please do not use them without written permission. Thank you.