This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Asparagus can be the perfect side dish for a variety of dinners. Cooking bacon releases not only a delicious aroma but it also helps to cook the sometimes tough and fibrous asparagus. Wrapping asparagus in bacon results in a soft and scrumptiously soft asparagus packed with flavor.
Published April 14, 2023
This page might contain affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost for you).
Below is the cost breakdown for this side dish recipe.
1 pound Asparagus $2.75
The total cost for this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is $7.30.
1 pound Asparagus
1 pound Bacon
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prepare the asparagus rinsing them in a sink colander.
2. Secondly, spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
3. Thirdly, open the package of bacon.
4. Then, pick up one slice of bacon and three pieces of asparagus.
5. Start wrapping the bacon at the base of the asparagus and, while rotating the asparagus, wrap the bacon around them until you get to the end of your slice.
6. Finally, set your bacon wrapped asparagus, with the seams down, on the baking sheet.
7. Then season the wedges and asparagus bundles with salt, pepper and garlic powder if desired. For example, the larger pan had those seasonings and the smaller pan I added a sprinkle of chili powder for more of a kick of flavor.
8. Bake at 400 degrees until bacon is cooked. Flip asparagus halfway so each side can get cooked, around 35-50 minutes.
9. Turn on the broil setting and then place the baking sheet in the oven for 2-3 minutes to finish off the bacon. This should be done when the bacon is already cooked, just as an added crispiness.
Just make sure to keep a watch on your baking sheets while they are under the broiler, so they do not burn. Keep the rack in the middle of your oven and not too close to the burner.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Non-stick spray
- Sink Colander
- 1 pound Bacon
- 1 pack Asparagus
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the asparagus in a sink colander.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray and then set aside.
- Open the package of bacon and then rest the bacon aside the baking sheet on a plate.
- Then pick up one slice of bacon and three pieces of asparagus.
- Start wrapping the bacon at the base of the asparagus and, while rotating the asparagus, wrap the bacon around them until you get to the end of your slice.
- Set the bacon wrapped asparagus, with the seams down, on the baking sheet.
- Continue wrapping with each of your slices of bacon until all of your asparagus is gone.
- Season with salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Bake at 400 degrees until bacon is cooked. Flip asparagus halfway so each side can get cooked, around 35-50 minutes.
- Turn on the broil setting and then place baking sheet with asparagus wrapped bacon and potatoes in the oven for 2-3 minutes to finish off the bacon with a nice sear.
Copyright: All content and photos on Monica's Scratch Kitchen are copyright protected. Please do not use them without written permission. Thank you.