I love stir-fry and could eat it daily without being bored as this is one recipe that you can mix it up with a change of vegetables or by adding beef, chicken, or tofu if that is your style. To be honest, I have never had tofu or tried to make it with a recipe, and I would love to try it out. Today I made a broccoli mushroom Stir-Fry with carrots and onions served on white rice that was equally delicious and quick to make.
Published October 17, 2021
Updated March 18, 2022
This page might contain affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost for you).
Cost breakdown for this recipe
One of my favorite meals at a Chinese Buffet is the Beef with broccoli and served with noodles, white rice, or fried rice. And instead of paying for a buffet price, and having to bring four kids with me, I can make this meal at home for a fraction of the price. Making meals at home is one amazing way to cut costs on the food budget, especially when we live in a village without a proper buffet.
This is such an inexpensive and additionally incredibly delicious meal. Mushrooms create a hearty meal and are amazingly beneficial to your health, packed with antioxidants, high in vitamins B and D, and can likewise help to lower cholesterol. Above all, mushrooms have high protein, using Shitake mushrooms in recipes or replacing them for a meat is a great way to create a vegetarian meal.
sesame seeds $0.02
cup onion $0.30
soy sauce $0.15
red pepper $0.05
rice wine vinegar $0.50
The cost of this meal was only $6.90.
Even if my kids do not like to eat Stir-Fry recipes, I can use this meal and portion out lunches for myself for an entire week. I can then have an entire week’s worth of lunch, prepped and ready to heat and serve.
Broccoli Mushroom Stir-Fry Recipe
2 cups broccoli
1/2 cup carrot
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp ginger
2 cups mushrooms
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup onion
1/4 cup broth
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp red pepper
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1. The first step is to wash the broccoli and carrots in a sink colander, however, wipe mushrooms with a paper towel to remove any residue.
Moreover, do not wipe the fresh mushrooms with a wet cloth or even a dam one as it can cause the mushrooms to be slimy. I love mushrooms, but no one loves slimy mushrooms.
2. On a cutting board, dice, shred or cut vegetables and then set aside. For this recipe, I peeled the carrots and then continued to use the peeler to make carrot strips. It was actually a fun way to add them to the meal, kind of like pasta, but I would have added the carrots to the Wok to only cook for 2 minutes as they did get a bit overcooked.
3. Slice the onions in half, remove the skins, and then slice them very thin.
4. Remove the hard stem of the broccoli and cut them into smaller chunks while leaving the crowns somewhat intact.
5. Cut the tips off the mushrooms if they are a little brown or dirty, then just cut them in half.
6. Peel the garlic and smash them with the butt of the knife, then, mince the garlic.
7. Then warm 1 Tablespoon oil in a skillet or Wok on medium-high. Recently I found this extra-large flat-bottomed pan, and it works so amazing for this recipe!
8. Place broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, carrot and onion into warm Wok and cook until tender, stirring often.
9. In the warm saucepan, add 1/4 cup broth, 2 Tablespoon soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar and 2 teaspoons ginger then stir to combine.
10. Lastly, pour the sauce into the Wok and let the sauce cook in the vegetables for 5-7 minutes.
Finally, serve over rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy! We had leftover brown rice in our fridge from dinner the other night, so I warmed it up and had it with this stir-fry.
Using what is left in the fridge is an amazing way to cut food costs and to also avoid throwing food away. In the United States alone, 108 billion pounds of food is thrown out each year. That equals $161 Billion dollars, from restaurants, homes and businesses. Examples of food waste include fields of ruined crops and grocery stores tossing past use or expired food, even if it is still useable. If you want to learn more about food waste and how you can combat it, check out Feeding America’s website, on how to help fight food waste in America.
Recipe for Broccoli Mushroom Stir-Fry
Broccoli Mushroom Stir-Fry Recipe
- Cutting board
- Sink Colander
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1/2 cup Carrot
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 cup Broth
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- Wash broccoli and carrots in a sink colander, then wipe mushrooms with a paper towel to remove any residue.
- On a cutting board, dice, shred or cut vegetables and then set them aside.
- Then warm 1 Tablespoon oil in a large skillet or a Wok on medium-high.
- Place broccoli, mushrooms, garlic and onion into warm skillet and cook until tender, stirring often.
- Next, place a medium saucepan on the stove and then turn the temperature to medium.
- In the warm saucepan, add 1/4 cup broth, 2 Tablespoon soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar and 2 teaspoons ginger and then stir to combine.
- When the sauce is warm, carefully pour it into the skillet over the vegetables.
- Lastly, let the sauce cook an additional 5-7 minutes in the vegetables in the Wok.
- Finally, serve the Broccoli Mushroom Stir-Fry over rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
27 responses to “Broccoli Mushroom Stir-Fry Recipe”
Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your web site in internet explorer, would test this?IE still is the market leader and a huge portion of people will miss your great writing due to this problem.Loading…
Hello there! I simply want to offer you a big thumbs up for your great info you have got right here on this post. I’ll be returning to your website for more soon.Loading…
Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading? I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Loading…
Hey! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the great information you have right here on this post. I shall be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.Loading…
This will be a great web site, could you be interested in doing an interview about how you designed it? If so e-mail me!Loading…
I purchased a Theme from WordPress and developed it myself. All of the posts are recipes I cook for my family and events through our lives while fixing up our house. 🙂Loading…
I am really enjoying the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A couple of my blog readers have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any solutions to help fix this problem?Loading…
Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice of colors!Loading…
I抳e been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i抦 happy to convey that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I most certainly will make sure to do not forget this web site and give it a look regularly.Loading…
It’s the best time to make a few plans for the long run and it’s time to be happy. I have read this put up and if I may just I desire to counsel you some fascinating issues or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!Loading…
I am constantly searching online for ideas that can aid me. Thank you!Loading…
Great write-up, I抦 normal visitor of one抯 site, maintain up the nice operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.Loading…
I am really loving the theme/design of your weblog. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems? A small number of my blog audience have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any solutions to help fix this problem?Loading…
I just couldn’t go away your site before suggesting that I really loved the usual info an individual provide to your visitors? Is gonna be again ceaselessly in order to check out new postsLoading…
You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most people will agree with your website.Loading…
Hey there, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your blog in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, excellent blog!Loading…
Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thank youLoading…
Feel free to share it! Thanks!!Loading…
great put up, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector do not understand this. You must continue your writing. I’m confident, you have a huge readers’ base already!Loading…
Admiring the time and energy you put into your site and detailed information you offer. It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed information. Fantastic read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.Loading…
Have you ever thought about writing an ebook or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would appreciate your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.Loading…
Aw, this was a really nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to produce a top notch article… but what can I say… I hesitate a whole lot and don’t manage to get nearly anything done.Loading…
Hi there! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!Loading…
I feel this is one of the such a lot significant information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should commentary on some basic issues, The site taste is perfect, the articles is in reality excellent : D. Just right process, cheersLoading…
[…] Broccoli Mushroom Stir-Fry […]Loading…
Copyright: All content and photos on Monica's Scratch Kitchen are copyright protected. Please do not use them without written permission. Thank you.