I could eat pumpkin anything. Pumpkin bagel, coffee creamer, doughnuts, scones, muffins, pancakes…. Somedays I wish for that quintessential crisp fall day, with the leaves in shades of brilliant oranges and reds. Out of all the seasons, I love Fall the most. Most of all making snacks out of pumpkin flavored anything is so comforting and reminiscent of the fall. This Pumpkin Streusel bread is so moist with a crispy sweet top. It is so difficult to keep both loaves uneaten for over 24 hours. Honest! By the end of the day, our kids ate an entire loaf, and Tyler had barely enough for a morning snack before work.
Published on February 3, 2021
Updated March 3, 2022
This page might contain affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost for you).
Cost breakdown for this recipe
We love delicious fall treats in our house. Pumpkin pancakes, apple cider, and this Pumpkin Streusel bread is the most delicious bread. For example, you can have it for an afternoon snack, for breakfast or with dinner as dessert. Additionally, you can load up this bread with chocolate chips for a chocolate chip Pumpkin Streusel bread.
Below is a cost breakdown for this Pumpkin Streusel Bread.
3 1/2 Cups Flour $0.52
1 tsp Nutmeg $0.03
2 tsp Baking Soda $0.06
1 tsp Cinnamon $0.06
1 tsp Salt $0.01
1/2 tsp Ginger $0.03
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves $0.03
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil $0.24
1/2 cup Applesauce $0.25
4 Eggs $1.08
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar $0.14
1/2 Cup Flour $0.07
2 tsp Cinnamon $0.12
1/4 Cup Melted Butter $0.48
The total cost to make this Pumpkin Streusel Bread is $3.12.
Each loaf then costs $1.56.
Pumpkin Streusel Bread Recipe
Ingredients for Pumpkin Streusel Bread
3 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Applesauce
Streusel Top Ingredients
Directions for Pumpkin Streusel Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray two 4 X 8-inch loaf pans with a non-stick spray and then set aside.
3. In a Pyrex bowl mix together 3 1/2 cups flour, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 tsp nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp cloves, then set aside.
4. In the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer, combine 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce, then combine on low.
5. Add 4 eggs one at a time and then blend well.
6. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar to the mixing bowl and then mix on low to combine.
8. Add 2/3 cup water to the mixture and then combine on low.
9. Pour in half of the flour mixture and then blend until just combined.
10. Add the remaining flour mixture and then mix well on low, scraping the sides down with a spatula if needed.
11. Divide the batter into the two prepared loaf pans evenly.
1. In a Pyrex microwave save bowl melt 1/4 cup butter.
2. Add in sugar, flour, and cinnamon and then mix well with a fork.
3. When crumbly, evenly distribute over batter in loaf pans, however you may need to use your hands to do this.
Bake the pumpkin streusel breads for 25 minutes, then rotate the pans and bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center is clean.
Finally remove the Pumpkin Streusel breads from the oven and let rest to cool, around 30 minutes.
Our family loves to eat this bread still warm from the oven. It is fantastic with butter spread on each piece. Pumpkin streusel bread is great for breakfast, a snack, dessert, and even to eat at 9:30 at night when all of the littles are asleep.
Pumpkin Streusel Bread Recipe
The BEST Pumpkin Streusel Bread
- 2 Loaf Pans
- KitchenAid Mixer
- Non-stick spray
- Measuring cups
- Small Bowl
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 15 oz Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray two 4 X 8-inch loaf pans with a non-stick spray and then set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together 3 1/4 cup flour, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 tsp nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp cloves, then set aside.
- In the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer, combine 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce on low.
- Add the 4 eggs one at a time and then blend well on low.
- Add 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar to the mixing bowl and then mix to combine.
- Open a 15-oz can of pumpkin and then use a spatula and add the contents to the mixing bowl, then combine on low.
- Add 2/3 cup water to the mixture and then turn on low to combine.
- Pour in half of the flour mixture and blend until just combined.
- Add remaining flour mixture and then slowly mix well.
- Next, divide the Pumpkin Streusel batter between the two prepared loaf pans, then set aside.
Streusel Topping Directions
- In a microwave save bowl melt 1/4 cup butter.
- Add in 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 2 tsp cinnamon and then mix well.
- When crumbly, evenly distribute over batter in loaf pans.
- Finally, bake for 25 minutes, then rotate pans and bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center is clean.
Copyright: All content and photos on Monica's Scratch Kitchen are copyright protected. Please do not use them without written permission. Thank you.